Phoenix Park Dublin
The Phoenix Park sightseeing running tour is a wonderful opportunity to explore one of the largest walled city parks in Europe.
During the sightseeing running tour you will run past some wonderful monuments, visitors attractions such as:
- The Wellington Monument,
- Papal Cross,
- The Magazine Fort,
- Áras an Uachtaráin,
- Peoples Garden
- Dublin Zoo
Your almost gauranteed to run past a herd of wild Fallow deer along your run around the park. The park has many running routes and trials waiting to be explore such as Munich Hill, Khyper Hill, Military road and the Furry Glenn.
Interesting facts about Phoenix Park
- 30% of the Phoenix Park is covered by trees.
- The Phoenix Park is a sanctuary for many mammals and birds and a wide range of wildlife habitats are to be found in the park. One such area is the Furry Glen, which is managed as a conservation area.
- Áras an Uachtaráin, the residence of the President of Ireland dates from 1750 and is located in the centre of the park
- United States Ambassador's residence, which was built in 1774 is also found in the park.
- Many other historic buildings and monuments are located in the Park.
- The Phoenix Park includes a herd of 400-450 fallow deer descend from the original herd introduced in the 1660s.
- Dublin Zoo can also be found in the grounds of the park